C04: Companion Animal Nutrition
C04: Companion Animal Nutrition.
This in-depth Nutrition Course examines the role of nutrition in Canine and Feline Behaviour, allowing the successful student to evaluate and understand the effect that diet has on their client’s pet’s behaviour and to offer guidance along with the client’s veterinarian in order to achieve optimal nutritional balance.
Students may enrol at any time.This course is recognised by the ABC SA
WHAT THE STUDENT WILL LEARN:
Introduction to nutrition: cats and dogs.
- Types of diet.
- Labelling of commercial pet food.
- The balanced diet.
- Major nutrients.
- Digestive health.
- Evolution and domestication of the dog: exploiting new resources in a changing environment.
- Evolution and domestication of the cat.
- Feline design as a hunter.
- Feeding behaviour of dogs and cats.
The Digestive system.
- Glands of the digestive tract.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Digestive microflora and bacterial fermentation.
- Metabolizable energy.
- Stress, Fear and anxiety and its impact on health.
- Dietary considerations in the amelioration of stress in cats and dogs.
- Canine and feline obesity.
- Diabetes Mellitus.
- Critically ill cats and dogs.
Defining life stages in cats and dogs.
- The nutritional requirements of breeding dogs and growing puppies.
- The nutritional requirements of breeding cats and growing kittens.
- The nutritional requirements of healthy ageing cats and dogs.
- The nutritional requirements of working dogs.
The Role of nutrition in disease.
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Gastrointestinal disease.
- Hepatic disease.
- Renal disease.
- Urinary tract disease.
- Dermatological disease.
- Dental disease.
- Orthopaedic disease.
Tutor & Marker:
CO4 is tutored and marked by the following highly qualified and experienced professional:
Jo Scott (QTLS, RVN, Dip CABT, CABP, MAPDT, CAPBT Practitioner member).
Get to know more about Jo – have a look at our website www.coape.org → About → Tutors and Markers
Assignments are randomly moderated by a qualified Moderator to ensure consistency in the marking standard worldwide.
An Online course comprising of course notes and research assignments.
Approximately 9 months.
Abilities required for this Course
Students must be computer literate, have the use of a computer with internet access and be able to operate basic programs such as Microsoft Word.
A good command of the English Language is essential.
Each of the four Modules comes with a comprehensive set of course notes that build into an authoritative reference text and a workbook to help students develop and integrate ideas throughout the course.
Each Unit of the course notes is e-mailed out to students as a separate e-book.
The coursework for this course is conveniently completed online. We also supply you with a specially designed Assignment Workbook to assist you in completing the components of the coursework, so you can use your own computer and preferred word processing software. You will then submit these completed assignments to COAPE International via the internet, they are then marked and returned back to you the same way. Students also have password-protected access to the dedicated COAPE Student Facebook page where additional support is available.
Pricing & Enrolment
Don’t forget to enquire about our affordable monthly payment plans, make your dream course a reality!
For all COAPE course enquiries, please contact us at [email protected]