AB03: You & Your Dog
A Foundation Award for people who love to share their lives with a canine companion – or two! This course will help you to better understand your dog’s true nature. You will explore your relationship with this affection-loving yet highly specialised social carnivore whose behaviour and very design has been honed by becoming our ‘best friend’ and working companion.
Written by leading canine behaviourist Professor Peter Neville, this course is primarily designed for anyone who is thinking of purchasing a new puppy or adult dog from a breeder or adopting a dog of any age and type from an animal welfare centre. The course is also designed to be enjoyable and informative to study for existing owners who would like to understand their pet better from a behavioural point of view.
WHY DO THIS COURSE?
- Learn how to build a solid relationship with your canine companion, by understanding canine behaviour and training.
- Learn all about how you can provide the best nutrition and care for your dog.
- This course will enable you to demonstrate your knowledge, integrity and commitment to owning a dog to a breeder or animal welfare centre where you intend to acquire a dog or puppy.
WHAT THE STUDENT WILL LEARN
The origin of the dog. How dogs really evolved from wolves and why the different types and breeds have different needs.
Socialisation, handling and habituation. Behavioural development and how to provide appropriate levels of early experience and opportunity to maximise your puppy’s confidence and potential as a successful pet.
Influence of environment and lifestyle. How home environment and lifestyle needs to be matched to a dog’s needs.
Communication and basic parenting. How to relate to your dog.
Fit for life! Exercise, nutrition, feeding and stimulation. Understanding the inter-relationship between good nutritional, physical and psychological care
Basic training. How to communicate with your dog and train him using modern motivational cues and kind, effective techniques.
Tutors & Markers:
- Judy Post
COAPE International has a team of qualified Markers who mark student’s assignments in order to ensure complete impartiality. These assignments are randomly moderated by a qualified Moderator to ensure consistency in the marking standard worldwide.
Can be completed in 6 weeks, maximum time allowed is 6 months. Students may enrol at any time.
Pricing & Enrolment
Abilities Required for This Course:
- Students must be computer literate, have the use of a computer with internet access and be able to operate basic programs such as Microsoft Word.
- A good command of the English language is preferable.
For all COAPE Course enquiries, please contact us at [email protected].